Subject: [Leica] Old slides and negatives given new life in BW - second set
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:40:55 +0200

Thanks to all who took a look so far, and your kind
comments,

As in the first set, some of these are at least 40
years old - I think the earliest is from around 1965,
of me stting in my school uniform and making Christmas
garlands, but there are some from the late eighties, too.

The original slides have lost some colour but some are
still very sharp (I'm certain that the cottage gardens
in RHB were shot with a Zeiss Ikon SL706 with an Ultron
50 - an utterly gorgeous lens that I still kick myself
for having sold).

Hope you enjoy this new set, there's more to come later.

I'm on the ones I didn't take

The new set starts here with a shot of where I was born
and lived until I was 12 or 13 and finishes with the
first shot I ever took with a Leica - in 1977 in
Neuharlingersiel on the German North Sea coast (it was
an M2 complete with a collapsible Elmar 50 that I
bought from a colleague at work):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Old+Slides+and+Negs/Old_slides_20031119-0_7b.jpg.html

Cheers
Douglas