Subject: [Leica] Eastern Sierra - Owens Valley
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 02:32:49 -0700

Jerry wrote:
"Oliver and Adam, The paucity of water in that area reminds me of an old
question that I had. I wonder what the Owens Valley and Walker River area
looked like BEFORE Los Angeles took all of their water?
Jerry Lehrer"

The libraries of the Claremont Colleges http://tinyurl.com/mrgnlh have
historical information about the water resources of the Owens Valley.
Pictures from Fred Eaton's photo album of his 1905 trip through Owens Valley
are in the Water Resources Collection, Special Collections, Honnold/Mudd
Library. See also  http://tinyurl.com/lawayk for historical information from
USC. I haven't researched the Walker River area.

Olive