Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux-M on Panasonic G1
From: vroger at gmail.com (Roger Rubin)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:00:49 -0400

Hi All:
I'm going to guess what happened to Dan Khong when his exposure meter and G1
were at odds. Having used all sorts of M lenses with the adapter and having
gotten only super results I am guessing that the problem lies with Dan's use
of "Aperture Priority" on the G1. As I noted when I first started using the
G1, using the "A" mode turns on the exposure compensation adjustment which
is adjusted with a badly placed dial in the front of the camera. This allows
you to inadvertently shift exposure and you'll never know it unless you
actually look for it. The remedy (if in fact that was the problem) is to use
the M adapter, or any adapter on the G1 in "P" (program) mode. This gives
you the same aperture priority effect, but turns off the exposure
compensation adjustment, unless you actually press the wheel to turn it on.
Hope I'm right  vroger