Subject: [Leica] About discreet shooter and shooting discretely
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:10:32 -0400

Leicas were much quieter than SLR's before the 80s but around then all
cameras became much quieter and the beloved cloth shutter (which I love
anyway) on the M's became less of an reason to want to use Leica M's. Rebels
are pretty quiet cameras as are most the cheap DSLR's.
Quietness has been not that much of an issue in photography for a few
decades now. If it really ever was.
Its the pre flash going off several times like fireworks if you have them
set wrong which much more is. And the little light helping you with your
focusing if you don't have that turned off.

And the fact that while everybody else in the situation is photographing the
thing with the cell phones you are the only one using a real camrea - which
is a real issue.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith) ([Leica] About discreet shooter and shooting discretely)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] About discreet shooter and shooting discretely)