Subject: [Leica] IMGs: digideroo guy -Ted- with link this time
From: scoutfinch at chartermi.net (Susan Ryan)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:54:53 -0400

Those are indeed shells on his legs. He uses them as a form of
accompaniment - they makes a rattlesnake-like sound when he makes
tremors with his leg muscles. He also has different items (to his
right lying on the street) that help him alter the sound by running
them up and down the instrument, or making sounds with them on their
own with a free hand. All in all, he's really quite intriguing.

On my monitors the image looks OK, and my histogram has 3 peaks -  in
the middle of the left 1/3rd, in the center, and the right side of the
right third, but no clipping.  Interesting that it looks very light to
you. It looks flatter when viewed from the gallery than when I view it
in LR though.

Sue

On Jul 20, 2009, at 1:51 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Are those shells around the tops of her shoes?
> If not what are they? Never seen that - very cool!
>
> On my monitor it looks light. And some blank white areas.
> And my monitor is dark I thought.
> So you'd think something which looks light on my monitor was really
> very
> much light.
> But I don't know anything any more. All bets are off.
>

> Mark William Rabiner
>

>> From: Susan Ryan <scoutfinch at chartermi.net>
>> Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:40:44 -0400
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] IMGs: digideroo guy -Ted- with link this time
>>
>> Ted,
>>
>> Thanks for you comments. See if you prefer this crop -  which I
>> considered posting at the outset. (I thought including more street in
>> the foreground added to the  feeling of depth, but I went back and
>> forth about it.)
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/-1-5crop.jpg.html
>>
>> It was definitely a grab shot. I was in a crowd of people and had to
>> take what I could get. I was able to plop down on the street but
>> didn't have room to lie flat. Lying flat would have gotten me more of
>> the guy's eyes, too.
>>

>> Thanks Ted!
>>
>> Sue
>>

>> On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Ted Grant wrote:
>>
>>> Susan Ryan showed:
>>>
>>> Subject: [Leica] IMGs: digideroo guy
>>>

>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/-1-5.jpg.html
>>>
>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/-1-4.jpg.html
>>>
>>> M8
>>>
>>> CV 21 color skopar - F8 and be there<<<<<<<<<<<,,
>>>

>>> Hi Susan,
>>>
>>> Interesting angles. But here's a couple of things. Nit picking maybe
>>> but
>>> what I feel might be an improvement even as minor as they are.
>>> Obviously and
>>> always "Others may not agree!"

>>> Positive:
>>>
>>> Interesting angle, the verticals are straight without any picture
>>> spoiling
>>> tilts. Quite easily to happen with  21mm lens, certainly at this