Subject: [Leica] Wedding Photography
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:00:06 -0400

LUG:

I'm back at the farm in York after spending two weeks in California
for the Golden Trout workshops in the Sierra Nevada mountains and
then a week in Chicago for my daughter's wedding.  In California I
carried 35 pounds on my back over 12,000 feet up and slept in a tent,
using a pit toilet and hiking 5-10 miles every day.  In Chicago, we
stayed at a luxury hotel on the lakefront and ate at gourmet
restaurants every meal.  Guess which one I preferred?!!

While we were out of touch in the mountains, my daughter's
photographer informed her that he would not be able to shoot her
wedding and his assistant would be doing it.  I am the one who had
strongly encouraged her to spend the majority of her wedding budget
on the photographs (shrimp and wedding cake and flowers all disappear
but the photos are forever)  To say that she was upset would be an
understatement.  She told me that I would have to take up the slack
and get all of the photos that she really wanted.  I studied all of
Chris' wedding photos again (she loves his work) and memorized what I
should be taking.  HAH!  If you think it's easy to get the photos
that Chris does, just go try it.  I'd rather be back in Iran, Iraq,
Honduras, or even the John Muir Wilderness.

I hope I got some acceptable photos - I took 1754 - and, as it turns
out, my daughter was more pleased with the assistant's work than she
thought she would be based on the photos on her website.

So everything turned out o.k., but I hope to never to do another
wedding!!  I did get conned into photographing my oldest son's
wedding, too, twelve years ago.  QualChrome ended up ruining half of
the Kodachromes that time.  I still have two unmarried kids.

Never again!!!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com