Subject: [Leica] Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8 Lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:16:31 -0400

I had in the late nineties found the use of a 60 macro very useful but the
nikon version is hard to manually focus and is bulky. AF focuses quite
nicely. I got it partly because it had long been Salgato signature lens and
I studied hard a show of his they had in Portland and loved what I perceived
to be the look.

This now on SS.

" His assistant almost quit on his last trip from the constant battles.?So
now it?s a Canon DSLR for him. 21 megapixels strong. But he is also looking
at that new LeicaS2 with 37 megapixels.?And his ?film?? about 1.5 lbs of
cards."

http://www.examiner.com/x-4887-Photography-Examiner~y2009m6d17-Sebastiao-Sal
gado--The-Genesis-Project

And I see Canon does make a 60 mm EF-S Macro f/2.8.
He could be using it.
Or some mindless zoom like the rest of it.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8 Lens)