Subject: [Leica] IMG: Image to hang in Wisconsin Photography 2009
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:42:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi George.

You topic and this thread are particularly timely for me. I was recently
asked (out of the blue!) to submit 5 gallery ready pieces to a cooperative
gallery that has been around here for about 50 years. They wanted to jury my
work to join if I was interested.

What was so interesting and pertinent to your observations is that after
working to produce the best products I could, looking at the prints was much
more satisfying than looking at the screen images. Though I know that the
color gamut of my printer isn't as large as that on my screen, the prints
seemed much richer to me. Perhaps because they were larger or touchable or a
bit more 3 dimensional or all three things. I just thought these 5 of what I
considered to be my best looked significantly better as prints.

Maybe next time, if you decide to do it again, consider submitting prints
just for the satisfaction a print can bring.
I'm printing like a banshee now and loving it even though I don't have
enough wall space (does anyone?).

Thanks for starting this interesting thread George.
Best,
Bob

iP