Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: human traffic Alicante
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:31:49 -0700

Nathan showed:

A week of human traffic around Alicante. Any se?oritas and se?oras

appearing in the images are purely incidental and none have been

objectified as far as I can tell. I have also been careful to keep the

gender ratio as close to 50/50 as practicable:

http://www.fotocycle.dk:80/paws/?page_id=271

Hi Nathan,

Each time you post a new set of photographs, or it seems?  When you start
out, do you have a theme of subject in your mind to watch for? Or is it
purely walking the street shooting whatever visual moment catches your eye?

In other words
 ?this morning I?m looking for father and child type
situations?? Or old men doing nothing or something off the norm or quietly
napping?? Or whatever subject you may think of?  It seems you always or
nearly so, have a visual continuity of subjects making the series far more
interesting rather than a rambling all over the wall collection of happy
snaps without any connection than they are some kind of meaningless photo.

The other side of this is to go out open minded and let the visuals take
their course as and if they happen? I?ve shot in both fashions when shooting
documentary assignments and had success with both. But the theme seems to
work better because you look harder with a start and end point.

Just a passing thought that might help others who leave home for a walk
thinking
 ?I?m going to shoot some pictures.? Then when the walk is over
they may or may not have some neat images or just a bunch of exposures.
Worse? No interesting observations creating keeper photos ending with
?select all, delete all!? :-(

Ted

PS:

>>> Any se?oritas and se?oras appearing in the images are purely incidental
and none have been

objectified as far as I can tell.<<<

Please do not let the previous nonsense of PC ramblings due to an over
active mind block your vision in shooting photographs as you see them in the
light of the day or night!

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: human traffic Alicante)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: human traffic Alicante)
Reply from stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: human traffic Alicante)