Subject: [Leica] Raining
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:22:00 -0700

Lluis showed:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1003596+_1_.jpg.html

 <http://tinyurl.com/mnr6bc> http://tinyurl.com/mnr6bc <<<<<

Hi Lluis,

Very interesting because it is raining and that's what makes the picture
work. You are using the wet street reflecting the light and one of the
reasons the shot works!!! It's the double use of the light being reflected
from the wet street.

Most people when it's raining cry out . "Oh I can't go out now it's raining,
I may get my camera wet and a spot or two of rain drops on the lens! Horror
of horrors!  The camera will be ruined!" In many cases it's the best time,
night particularly, to be shooting when it's raining or a sight drizzle for
street reflections.

It's the double use of the water and lights making for different photos.

It's no different in making TV car commercials when the producer has a water
truck drive down the road first before the car drives through the scene in
brilliant sun light along with slight spray from tire treads adding to the
motion of the car along with the car being reflected off the wet road.

Yep it's a different shot all together because of the rain, good on you for
making use of it.

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Raining)