Subject: [Leica] Backs at Backlight
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 21:17:12 -0400

> Mark,
>
> There is a lot of great stuff in your site.  I don't know why I haven't
> seen
> it before.  I know what you mean about prints vs. internet, but then not
> everyone can see a print.  I thought the last thing I would ever do is
> photograph flowers, but beauty is where you find it, I guess, and now I'm
> addicted too.  I remember that EW said, if you don't know what to
> photograph, look down at your shoes (I never figured that one out,
> actually).  Anyway, I'm motivated to pick up the camera and look for some
> more stuff.
>
> Ken

It could have been he, EW, Edward Weston meant "Go Macro".
Because by far the stuff he had the most luck with was shot 2 feet away.
And with the bellows factor many hours.

As in Tina's wedding shots we just saw. Detail shots make the whole.

You don't have to wait for good light.

EW shot at high noon. The number one No no.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Backs at Backlight)