Subject: [Leica] What is Giclee?
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

I thought I would pose this question to this group. To try to put some
parameters around the question, I am being told that my injet prints, using
archival inks and paper, are not "giclee".
Though I know this term, directly translated, means to spray, and I know
that much of the use of this term by photographers is for "marketing"
purposes, I am curious if you believe that the use of this term for my
prints is accurate (archival pigments sprayed on archival papers of either
scanned negatives or digital photographs).
Thanks very much for any opinions you care to share. Any pointers to truly
authoritative literature or sources would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Bob

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA