Subject: [Leica] Boats, really big boats, beautiful pictures
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:29:33 -0400

>> In 1938 two J class sailboats, the most majestic ever made, were
>> constructed to sail for the Americas Cup. These boats have been
>> recreated and recently sailed a race in England. When asked how much
>> the original boats cost, J. P  Morgan is reputed to have said, "If
>> you have to ask the price, you can't afford it."  I'm sure the boats
>> cost even more today. The photos are at:
>>

>> http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/blog/2009/07/hanuman-j-boat.html
>>

>> Larry Z

When one wants to build his darkroom sink better the right way the second
time from A&B marine epoxy fiberglass resin and wood  one looks hard into
boat building. They sell the books at the marine supply place they sell the
resin stuff.

The idea though is instead of keeping the water out you're keeping the water
in.
I had a slope of 1 inch every 7.

The Leica shooting of sailing ships was presented to us in Boston Sat, Oct
7, 2000 at a LHSA meeting by the master; Jonathan Eastland
Marine Photojournalist
- Ajax News & Feature Service

And writer of many of the Leica compendiums.

http://www.cameraatsea.com/

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Boats, really big boats, beautiful pictures)