Subject: [Leica] S2 release dates and prices
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:47:30 -0400

> Found this in the L Camera Forum. A press release in the UK apparently.
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/09073001leicassystemprice.asp#press

Leica bellies have just gone up. Great News!
I'm glad the S in S system stands for SUBSTANTIATION & not SUPPOSITITIOUS.
$21,225 That means I can get an additional unit for my glove compartment

Competing directly against in the other corner the heavyweight:
Hasselblad H3DII-39, 39 Megapixel, SLR Digital Camera
$ 21,995 at B&H

36.7 x 49.0 mm, 39 Megapixel CCD
Effective Resolution 39 million pixels
Color Depth 48-Bit RGB

Lenes by Fuji. A name which is starting to become premium sounding for glass
in video and cinema.

With some fancy footwork Leica could win;
And make the cover of Time magazine "man of the year":
First time ever given to a camera.

In my mind there is:
How slow really is the Hasselblad?
How not cool is it to use with the Zeiss glass in which I am already
invested up to my eyeballs.

Will they let me pay them 10 dollars a week?

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] S2 release dates and prices)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] S2 release dates and prices)