Subject: [Leica] drobo question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:15:40 -0400

At 10:25 AM 8/2/2009, you wrote:
>You have articulated my own reservations about a proprietary solution
>like Drobo very well, Leo.
>
>Nathan

I've already ordered the Drobo for the farm with 4 1T WD Green drives
so I'm pretty much committed to that.  At the house, I have an empty
6 bay case that is several years old.  Can I order 6 1T WD Green
drives for that and set up a RAID 5 - I have no idea what that
means.  Would it be better to buy a RAID 5 already set up?  Since I
have no idea what that means. ;-) Is there a tutorial somewhere or
software?  For Windows XP?   If I set that up at the house and Drobo
at the farm and use one of my Seagate portable (designed for travel)
350GB hard drives to carry stuff back and forth (I have 4 of
these).  Would that work?

Thanks to everybody for your help.  I just want to take photos and
have them safe.  I don't want to be an IT person or learn any
computer programming. It's all I can do to learn Leica M8 programming ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] drobo question)