Subject: [Leica] IMG: Oregon Coast
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 13:41:49 -0700

By sheer dumb luck, I had a vacation scheduled last week. So we missed
the record 103 F (39.5 C) temperatures in Seattle, which has a normal
high of 77 F this time of year. We stayed on the north Oregon coast,
where sea breezes and morning fog kept us cool.  We're back home now,
where it's "only" 90 F.

The photos are here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/
(the  first item is a subfolder marked "family photos." You're welcome
to look at them, too, but they are just snaps of us).

Below are a few of my favorites from the trip.

Cape Meares, near Tillamook:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005259_1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005292_1.jpg.html

Magic end-of-day light in Wheeler, on Nehalem Bay.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005302_1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005311.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005319_1.jpg.html

In Manzanita, I found a great place for a self-portrait:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005358_1.jpg.html

"Double Dip." Does this qualify as "Schulmanesque?":
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005389-w.jpg.html

Does not know how cool he is:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/manzanita09/L1005395_1.jpg.html

Triangulation: