Subject: [Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 02:34:08 -0400

> I have now taken about 6500 pictures with my M8 since getting it in
> December, and have not applied sharpening to any but the first 40-50
> of them (that's how long it took me to realize that USM was not needed).
>
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain

That's nice but what's a "picture"?
A capture you're viewing in Lightroom? An upload to a gallery?
In that case sharpening or Leica glass or a camera with a sensor bigger than
a pinky fingernail is all unnecessary. As is more than 4 megapixels!
If you're telling me your 8.5x11" prints or close to it needs not to be
sharpened than I'm all ears; as that's what I think of as "a picture".

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton)