Subject: [Leica] What happened to Ebay?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:50:40 -0400

> Hi Mark,
>
> I'm of an older generation.  In the thirties, my parents didn't own a
> camera. They did manage to borrow one from a better-off relative from time
> to time.
>
> I still have my first camera with adjustments, a Leica IIIa with a 50/3.5
> Elmar, that I bought with my newly-acquired funds after a year as a USAF
> Lt.
> during the Korean conflict. That was my introduction to 35mm and to Leica,
> and I still use a IIIf/Summitar combination and Leica-R lenses for digital.
>
> That doesn't count a Kodak Flash Brownie, that, I seem to recall, did have
> close-up element that could be flipped into place when needed.

Yes I had the close up snap on thing for both my Brownie Starlet in 1958 and
my Instamatic 100  126 in 1963.
And yellow cloud filter.
I was prepared for anything.
Cutting through the distance or getting what's close up.

My Voigtl?nder Vito BL in 1965 also used snap on filters.
I loved buying stuff like that from funky camera stores.

Mark William Rabiner