Subject: [Leica] 24mm lens has incredible powers...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:38:35 +0200

....namely, it focuses beyond infinity. I discovered it by coincidence
today. When I focus on something very far (>10 km away) with my
3.8/24mm, the rangefinder image is in focus at a point just short of
the infinity mark on the lens. None of my other lenses does that, so
the problem is with the 24mm.

Two questions:

1) Is it really a problem? I could send it to Solms, it is obviously
still under warranty, but I do not feel like being without it for
several weeks if it is not really necessary.
2) In the meantime, what should I trust? The markings on the lens or
what I see in the viewfinder? Or perhaps it does not really matter
given the DOF of this lens even at maximum aperture.

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain