Subject: [Leica] Lament for a Dying Field - Photojournalism -
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:23:11 -0400

> You said more clearly
> what I intended to say.
>
> <http://www.thenation.com/>
> is one of those publications
> (the oldest continuously published
> journal in the U.S.)
> with superb journalism
> and needs subscribers
> to support their exceptional work
>
> The suggestion: build the list of those doing it correctly and well
> through telling us which ones
> and support them through subscriptions
>
> Regards,

Its also self described "the flagship of the left."
Not a thing which bothers me me being me but there are plenty of righties on
the list I'm sure. And they vote. And pay for my dinners. And buy my prints.
- a rare example of a magazine deserving to be mentioned in the same breath
as a top newspaper.
Magazines are advertiser focased making them in general much more wishy
washy than Newspapers who are much more reader oriented; less responsive to
the sponsor. As the story goes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation

Mark William Rabiner