Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:37:28 -0500

That "need" for a 24 x36 sensor
certainly seems true for you Mark.
Yet, as I understand it,
you don't shoot with a 24 x 36 sensor camera.
Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Has any paying client
actually requested that you
shoot an assignment
only with a 24 x 36 sensor?
or
refused to hire you
because you don't own one?

I feel fortunate
to have a 5D which can get everything
out of my Canon and Leica R glass
if I need the extra acreage.

But I've never had
a commercial client
an editor
a bride or bride's mother
or a portrait customer
tell me which body to use for their work.

They trust me to use the correct gear for the job at hand.
Their only requirement is that the finished work
meet their expectations based on the work they've seen from me
and the specific parameters discussed and agreed to
(which has never included a specific camera or sensor,
but has, at times, included finished image size and resolution
specifications
at times exceeding those possible with current 24 x 36 sensors).

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com