Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:35:47 -0400 (EDT)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Now Doug, the smaller sensor is not too relevant for you....

It sure is.  Several times I've been too close and I've had to stitch a
couple of exposures together.  If I can have the same pixel density and
image quality I'm getting from the DMR, I'd much rather use more of my lens'
image circle.

My point of the post was that even with the cropped sensor the image quality
is good enough that a gallery owner will remark on the detail and color
quality in a large print.

>But, If you shoot WA lenses, the bigger the sensor the better.....and that
>is the camp I am in....

Understandably.  You want to use as much of your lens' image circle as
possible, just like I do.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com