Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:12:13 -0700

Calm down Geoff :-) I am not leaving the Church of Leica.

I dispute the claim that the M8 pics are much sharper. Why don't we
compare MTF charts :-)? The 35-100 is not the sharpest at F2, but at
2.8, it competes well. The 12-60 is stellar at wide open, but of
course it's 2-4 stops slower than a 'lux. Blaming autofocus errors
are.... unfruitful, as the Leica does not have autofocus. So autofocus
on the M8 and adjust as needed.

As for Colo(u)rs, sure one can tweak anything to look like anything
else, and no, I do not shoot JPG, and no, despite some questions I
have asked you, I am quite familiar with RAW etc. thank you very much.
I know how to use preset on import etc. In anycase, out of the box,
Olympus Colors directly from a LR/ACR default conversion wins hands
down against just anything else.Yes, of course I can say it's better
colors. If Frank and Nathan can say sharper pics :-) That's one of the
things that Olympus really got right.

In any case, enjoy your Leica lens. Really. I do of mine. I don't see
reasons to use the E-3 unless I need the zoom or the tele and macro
capabilities. So about 20% for me. I don't have tons of gears per se,
only one 50, one 35, and one 75, but they are all 'lux ASPH (except
for the 75 of course). I don't spend hours adjusting in LR, except for
dusting when I shoot film.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: