Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad digi-backs, lenses - was M9"M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:32:07 -0400

> You already HAVE the system, presumably.  What you need is the Digital
> back,
> only to get a MF Hassy based system up and running..
>
> Will it beat an ( unknown price) M9?  Don't know.  There is no M9, yet.

It won't beat it for shooting what Leicas and 35mm styled cameras were
designed to shoot. Fast moving non stationary objects.

But a more slower moving thing or sitting there like a tree in your yard its
a much bigger format;
Its Excellent glass;
It should make an image (print) a full step up from 24x36.
I don't think comparisons between film and digital format jumps are exact.
But I think they may be darned close. Sometimes for non obvious reasons.

Mark William Rabiner