Subject: [Leica] The MTFs
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:15:18 -0700

I am dropping the subject as it;s getting heated. No reason to argue
just to prove one is right or wrong. Let me just say that from my own
experience, just in terms of sharpness issues, if used properly, the
E-3 images stand up quite well to the Leica M8. The M8 is sharper, but
not MUCH sharper etc. Edge to edge, the Olympus is one of the best.
Divide by the price, and it's probably the best, price performance
wise.

And just to reiterate, yes, I print, lots. Big too.

And yes, I do prefer the Leica for 80% of what I do, because as a
camera system, it fits my style more. The other 20% is because I need
autofocus, zoom, low light (in some conditions), macro, telephoto,
e.g. all the things that Leica rangefinders are not good for.

Your mileage may vary of course, and if your M8 prints are MUCH
sharper than your E-3 prints, good for you.

My opinion differs, and we can just leave it as that.

But Leica DOT is just a company. Its products have flaws, and if
someone were to get upset about me saying the way I see it, well...
not much I can do.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: