Subject: [Leica] OT: Contax 645 one more time
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:04:50 -0400

> If I remember the story correctly, there was no finder used. During
> training, they sent the guys home with the cameras to use without
> sighting--to learn how to shoot from the chest without viewing--
> impossible with helmet and suits.
>
> The cameras were mounted on the chest of their suits and they turned
> body to aim the camera.
>
> hmmm--street shooting with a hassy?
>
> ric

With a prism forget it.
But with the standard look down folding finder a Hassy or Rolleiflex makes a
great street camera. Kind of wish they made such a finder for a Leica.
They did for a Rolleiflex 35mmm 3003
http://www.cameraquest.com/rol3003.htm

http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Biteme.html

Mark William Rabiner