Subject: [Leica] PowerShot g11 -- like-a Leica?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:55:14 -0400

> Didn't Olympus started it by stating that 10mp is enough?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Michiel Fokkema

There is a market phenomenon of normal sized DSLR's out selling point and
shoot digitals.

In the world of film the slrs in the 90's they were being out sold by the
point and shoots many times over.
But both used the same film and format.

Minox never out sold anything.
Even SECRET AGENT MAN used 24x36 format cameras; known as "Leicas".

So I think the mp's mindless mindset may have been partially broke by the
1.5 crop market full sized dslr. Which I think may have evened out at around
12mps.
As the 24's going for 8 grand appeal not to Moms and Dads so much.
Unless they are also working the night shift. And have no kids.

Mark William Rabiner