Subject: [Leica] M8 question
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:49:56 -0700

On Aug 20, 2009, at 8:12 AM, michael at rosenblumtv.com wrote:

> They say moisture trashed the electonics

4 shots, 5 minutes, light rain...surely sounds minimal, but  very
vague and possibly irrelevant...

somehow avoids the question as to whether it was soaked, or just very
wet.

what precautions were used to keep it dry, and how was it treated
after it was exposed to the water...

> and they want to replace all of them. Repair cost $5000.

that's more than I paid for mine new...

> And they can't guarantee it after that.  I did see condensation in
> the viewfinder but that's it. Camera just died.

most of us have had repetitive, unavoidable, minimal water exposures,
of course, trying to be careful without any adverse outcome...

and Tina will personally verify from very tough times, that M8's
don't float...but then come back to life after drying....

Steve