Subject: [Leica] M8 question
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:23:58 -0700

If I saw moisture condensation in the viewfinder
I'd know that the camera was seriously in
trouble, and that immediate corrective action was
necessary. I'd open it up as much as possible and
apply hot wind, even to the point where the hot
air might be more than the camera might normally
like. 50 to 60?C hot air moving through the
camera for a while, then after a couple of hours
let it cool down for another hour or two, and
then re-insert the battery and hope for the best.

If you get condensation inside a viewfinder,
whether Leica M8 or any other digital camera you
are only minutes or at the most an hour or two
away from a totally dead camera, especially if
you still have a battery in it and are trying to
turn it on.

It takes a fair bit of moisture to get that kind
of condensation. A mechanical camera would also
be in trouble, but you would have a bit longer
grace period.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design