Subject: [Leica] M8 v M9--better printers needed
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:43:33 -0700

Die transfers also stand out.
Most folks would never see these in the consumer end of photography.
I had an opportunity to buy a collection of civil aviation images
done with die transfers.
They still hold up very well, unlike type-C prints.
For while, there was a brief period were extremely high end printing
was being done with automotive paints.
I think it was being done somewhere in Northern CA.
S.d.