Subject: [Leica] M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:00:44 -0400

> I love my little M6 and its fantastically over-hyped and over-priced lenses
> but why anyone would buy a digital Leica depreciation box has always been
> beyond me.  Now I hear they die if someone breathes damp breath on them!
>
> I look forward to the day when they sell for ?150 so I can have a play with
> one.  Nobody else will buy them because hardened Leica users will blow
> their
> thousands on the latest gizmo (if the S2 doesn't bring the company down
> first)
> and nobody else will buy one because they won't be able to afford the
> lenses.
>
> Neil

In the midst of all the depreciation;
Are the pictures. The work. The results.
Those no one can take away from you. And people have gotten fantastic
results from M8's.
A camera is a tool; not a percentage of your total individual wealth.

In the year 2525 the M8 will be viewed as the first digital M Leica had ever
made. The digital Leica 0. Because it is.  Put yours in a safe with
desiccant - its bound to be worth zillions some day. I'm more interested in
the value of my photographs.

Mark William Rabiner