Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 33 (ric pt1)
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:55:39 -0500

Ric,

Best of luck with your surgery.  I have only been in the hospital a couple
of times in my adult life, but I can give you one tip: don't have visitors
while you're doped up.  I heard many versions of things I allegedly said,
some probably true, some no doubt fabricated.  I had a kidney removed, and
it didn't go well (six-hour surgery).  I have a fleeting memory of dozens of
people in my ICU room that evening, and in fact a large number from the
office came to see me.  One of my partners says I asked one of our female
staff her bra size, but I question that (we have a cruel office).

Anyway, that led to a longer hospital stay than desired where I had some
heavy-duty pain meds.  Visitors have told me I tried to sell them baseball
season tickets.  More than one person said that.  In Feb of this year I had
bleeding of the brain and an arteriogram.  The surgical nurse says I kept
saying something like get this ******* hose out of my leg and bring me a
wine list.  I don't remember it but she seemed trustworthy.

Anyway, if you have true friends, unlike my case, no one will report
anything untoward.  Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery (I have a
79-year old client who just had this surgery - he got through it and the PT
just fine.)

Ken