Subject: [Leica] Markbook Pro
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:38:33 -0400

2009-08-23-15:06:17 Mark Rabiner:
> Screen calibration I have to figure out.

I assume you've gone through the eyeball calibration sequence (System
Preferences->Displays->Color->Calibrate...)

If it keeps bugging you (or even not), drag it across the Hudson here to
Jersey City, and we'll plug in the Macbeth (or X-Rite, or whatever its
married
name is) color calibrator thing and do it right.  Or at least try.

> I can make it amazingly bright it being LED's instead of the
> old fashioned LCD's ( I know its really the other way around)

I think you got it right.  It's confusing because all these displays are
backlit LCD panels, but your LCDs are backlit by white LEDs, instead of by
the
older technology which was tiny little special fluorescent tubes, I think.
Maybe like you had in an enlarger cold light head back in the day.  Or not.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Markbook Pro)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Markbook Pro)