Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 42, Issue 326
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:57:55 -0400

Phil & Ric,
Exactly what I am doing.  My B22XL is sitting in my tiny darkroom ready to
use with optional Aristo coldlight head and two Nikon lenses.  I bought a
(huge) Automega D3 once in my neighborhood but decided to sell it.
Now I am starting to shoot a 9x12 Voigtlander Avus (just bought a Nikor 4x5
tank) and the D3 is becoming interesting again.  But I will probably contact
print and scan the 9x12 negs to do the "hybrid" thing.
  Harry from Classic Enlargers knows his stuff and I am sure the enlargers
he sells are in top shape.
A used (worn) D3 with lenses, AF tracks and cones fetches about $200-300
here in VT.
Jan

Here's an optimistic fellow with a $1200 price on a fully restored D2, but
currently has no D3's for sale:
<http://www.classic-enlargers.com/>
Sad to see how little this great old gear sells for, I'm keeping my B22XL
even though I rarely use it ......
Phil