Subject: [Leica] Markbook Pro glossy screen way too contrasty what were they thinking!?!?!?
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:23:12 -0700

> On Aug 25, 2009, at 1:22 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I look at all my pictures and they look jacked up on this contrasty
>> screen.
>> For me to make future pictures look right I'd have to not have them
>> be
>> normal looking. But jacked up looking.
>> Otherwise they're going to look flat on the screens of most
>> everybody.
>> Except those with the glossy screens. They're on Dells to and others.
>> Its a nightmare.
>> I have to figure out where to get the money from for another screen.
>> Maybe I can get used to it.
>> Some some tech guy can lower the contrast.
>>
>> Rabs

Larry Z pointed this out...(in another thread)

According to Apple, the MacBook Pro displays color at a gamma of 2.2
instead of 1.8 as used in the older Powerbooks. This should produce an
image with more contast.

based on that you may be able to change the gamma back to 1.8...

Steve

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Markbook Pro glossy screen way too contrasty what were they thinking!?!?!?)
Message from leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson) ([Leica] Markbook Pro glossy screen way too contrasty what were they thinking!?!?!?)