Subject: [Leica] MacBook display calibration
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:49:32 -0700

Apple has now reverted to offering a matte screen again, but only for
the 15 and 17" models. I don't know how these compare with the older
flourescent backlit screens of which I'm using one, but I do know
that if I ordered a MacBook Pro today it would have a matte screen.
The latest glossy screens have not appealed to me.

I've profiled my screens with a Spider 2, and while they are
certainly not of Eizo CG quality, they're at least useable. If my
work required accurate colour I would certainly get a good wide gamut
screen. Fortunately it's not that critical, but I do want the gamma
and step wedges to display correctly.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design