Subject: [Leica] Upgrading to Snow Leopard
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:42:29 -0700

If you can, I recommend moving your user accounts to a separate drive. this
isolates all your crucial user data from the OS system drive. In Leopard
(and Snow Leopard) it's straightforward although you need to use the command
line "ditto" command to do the move. Once your own data is isolated from the
system disk it's a whole lot nicer to make OS changes. Having a separate
clone of your system disk allows for the old OS to simply be rolled in or
out as needed.
Adam