Subject: [Leica] IMGs: San Francisco is not always foggy in the summer
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:50:58 -0700

Lluis wrote:
"Nice shots, I like the first one, for me is like a painting.
Saludos
lluis"

Geoff wrote:
"Hi Oliver it may have been exceptionally balmy but not too many folks IN
the water ;-) I've felt your harbour water. Its only for seal lions and
penguins
;-)
There's a reason they put Alcatraz where it is and escapees didn't swim
ashore... except maybe Clint Eastwood!
A nice selection especially the Sausalito boats. Both Sausalito and SF were
a pleasure to visit when we attended the BALUG festivities a little while
ago.
Thanks for sharing these ones."

Jerry wrote:
"Oliver,
As usual, your pictures do nothing for me -- EXCEPT make me wish I was able
to go back to visit Northern California again. My 26 visits in 51 years
really isn't enough.
BTW, your excellent shot of the tall ship under the GG Bridge reminds me. I
saw some shots of the Blue Angels flying UNDER the bridge and very low over
the Bay. In fact I could see the the jet exhaust disturbing the water. Was
that real or Photoshopped?
Jerry Lehrer"

Thanks to everyone for commenting! Jerry, during Fleet Week I have not
personally been close enough to the GG Bridge to see the Blue Angels over or
under it; are you referring to these pictures:
http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/   ?  AFAIK the FAA normally prohibits fixed
wing aircraft flying under the bridge; rotary a/c are allowed.

Oliver