Subject: [Leica] Annette [was Re: DISNEYLAND-]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:03:36 -0400

Back when I was a mere 'yoot as we say in Noo Yawk, and working at ABC
as a TV maintenance guy (read TV camera repairman), I was assigned one
Saturday afternoon to the studio where they were rehearsing the Dick
Clark show.  Since all the gear was working just fine at the moment, I
was killing time standing behind a cameraman watching Chubby Checker
sing and gyrate through the number he was rehearsing for the show that
night.  This was before the days of video tape, BTW, so the show was
going out live.

As he finished I glanced over towards the folding bleacher seats that
had been set up for the audience and there was Annette sitting a few
rows up in the middle of the bleachers all by herself.  I smiled at
her and she smiled back, if not with a come-hither look, at least with
one that was friendly.

As I started to work my way over in her direction, two burly guys with
no necks and wearing black suits, who these days one would easily
identify with the "Sopranos," appeared out of nowhere and
simultaneously shot me looks that clearly said go-thither *NOW.*
Stopped me in my tracks they did.

I glanced over at Annette and, with a slight shrug she showed me a
rueful, what are ya' gonna do, kinda smile.  I quickly returned to my
position behind the cameraman.

End of my encounter with Annette.  She was really one cute gal in
person, BTW.

Regards,

Dick

P.S. I've told this story so often I've lost track of who I've told it
to.  So, if you've heard it before, my apologies in advance.