Subject: [Leica] Possible 'consumer' Leica for 09.09?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 04:29:31 -0400

> Maybe Leica will go in this direction with 'consumer' cameras..
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09090204panasonicdmcgf1.asp
>
> Yes, yes, yes. I know they said that they didn't
> want to have anything to do with ?4/3, but they
> have changed their mind before.
>
> In any case, an interesting camera, and an interesting lens.
>
> Note also the Panasonic Leica 45mm/2.8 macro.
> Somehow Leica got dragged into at least that much
> association with ?4/3.

A camera whose size matches its format.
Small.
I wonder if when Leica was renouncing 4/3s the 4/3's micro had not come in
yet?
This is  a very Leica like camera if you ask me.
Looks better to me then the Olympus pen much as I tend to like those.
But says Panasonic on it so far not Leica.

I like these format options!
Square format! 1:1
 4:3
3:2