Subject: [Leica] panasonic GF-1 and a 20mm f 1.7 lens .... likea leica?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:22:02 -0400

This is a really interesting little camera.  Assuming it turns out to
be real and not vaporware like so much of the recent Panasonic
micro-4/3rds releases (14-140 zoom, 7-14 zoom, GH-1, M&R adapters),
I'll probably buy one.

I'd expect to use it with the Panasonic autofocus lenses, though.  I
don't see any way of focusing an M or R lens except in the now-classic
P&S framing position.  I suppose the attachable EVF is another
possible manual focussing solution, but I'd want an optical finder in
that hot shoe.

As for the use of R glass on it, I can't help but think the Leitax
adapter/D700 is a better solution for top image quality.  But, maybe
9/9/09 will tell a different tale.

Regards,

Dick