Subject: [Leica] OT : [Fwd: Four Thirds User News update, 3rd September 2009]
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:06:57 +0200

This is not news, yet it might be of some interest for some of you.
Phx
************************************************************************************************************************

* Panasonic launches new compact Micro Four Thirds Lumix model, the DMC-GF1,
plus two new lenses!

Dear Philumix,

We have witnessed another milestone for Micro Four Thirds, with this week's
launch of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1, the fourth camera of this compact and
lightweight interchangeable lens system. The GF1 is compact-style, like the
Olympus Pen E-P1, and also has AVCHD Lite HD video capability.

Panasonic also officially unveiled the 20mm f/1.7 'pancake' lens that we
have been patiently expecting, as well as the 45mm f/2.8 macro, which
carries a Leica brand, the first for a Micro Four Thirds lens.

Four Thirds User has an in-depth preview, including no less than sixty
exclusive product shots in our preview gallery, three sample HD video clips,
plus an image sample gallery of over 30 original camera images taken at the
Berlin launch day, using the 20mm pancake. You can find our coverage of the
new GF1 here:

* GF1 hands-on preview and product image galleries:
http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/09/panasonic_lumix_dmcgf1_hands_on_preview.php

* GF1 original camera sample images and video clip samples:
http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/09/sample_images_and_video_from_the_new_panasonic_dmcgf1.php

* GF1 official press release and manufacturer specifications:
http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/09/panasonic_adds_the_dmcgf1_to_its_lumix_g_micro_system_lineup.php

* Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 Asph lens details:
http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/09/panasonic_announces_the_lumix_g_20mm_f17_asph_lens.php

* Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 Asph Mega OIS details:
http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/09/panasonic_announces_a_new_micro_four_thirds_digital_interchangeable_lens.php

Follow up articles on the this weeks news are in the pipeline. And we have
created a new board on the discussion forum dedicated to the GF1, see:
http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Best wishes,

Ian Burley

Editor/founder
Four Thirds User
www.fourthirds-user.com

Privacy: This newsletter is sent to you as you are a registered member of
the Four Thirds User discussion forum and member photo galleries. If you
don't wish to receive this newsletter in future, we will, of course, honour
your wish, but it will mean that you will have to be unsubscribed from the
forum and galleries. If you wish to be unsubscribed, please email
forum-admin at fourthirds-user.com outlining your request. The Four Thirds
User Privacy Policy can be found here:
http://fourthirds-user.com/privacy_policy.php