Subject: [Leica] Peso: It's that time of year? with link this time
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 16:07:17 -0400

> Mark,
>
> With a decade long life cycle, the cost doesn't seem so costly. Just
> like AF, digital is reaching equilibrium. Advancements occur less often
> and are less in magnitude.
>
> I wonder what the next big thing will be! Perhaps a little canister that
> you just put in your camera. After you take pictures you just drop it
> off at a drug store. Come back an hour later and you'll have prints. No
> computer or software required. I can only imagine.
>
> Dave R

Give me a dozen or so megapixels and a 24x36mm rectangle and I'm all over
it!
The next big thing will be affordable medium format digital.
Say 30 x 45 mm's.

And very compact cameras with full frame or close to it sensors.

As more and more people just use their cell phones to take pictures.

The fact that digital has gotten people more involved with their photography
I see as a major plus. I'm glad the dropping off at the drugstore era is
over for the most part.

I now drop my pictures off at the 31 Flavors.

"Thou hast seen nothing yet."
-Cervantes (1547-1616)

Mark William Rabiner