Subject: [Leica] M9!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 17:02:33 -0700

Quite frankly all this transmission over the M9 really means diddly squat
unless you are going to "BUY ONE!" I have no idea how many posts I've
deleted about it as the most important aspect is???????? "How much will it
cost and how soon will it actually be available for my hands?"  And is it so
fantastically better than the M8 with the same lens attached?????? Or will
it be merely an upgraded version of the M8???????

Besides I pretty well have my M8 attached to my hand and it's serving me
quite well with images that viewers when they see the prints keep telling
me... "WOW!!!! those old time Leica's sure make great pictures!"  :-)

Yep had a little old lady tell me something like that a couple of days ago
as she remembered a Leica being in her family years ago and her father
always said it was the best camera in the world. And seeing mine she still
believed him because here was one that was still working after all these
years. :-)

So there you go eh?
Am I going to tell this sweet super senior citizen lady it was a modern day
$5000 digital camera her father wouldn't believe was a camera if he were
still alive? Nope! I just let her go on believing it was just like her
dad's! She had such a nice smile when she was telling the story of her
father's Leica and mine being the same.

M9? I think it's more fun until it arrives out of the womb rather than all
this trade secret stuff hour after hour that takes away the birthing
excitement much like knowing what kind of child you are about to have before
it arrives into the world.
They can both be beautiful surprises!  :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] M9!)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] M9!)