Subject: [Leica] Mark: printing large
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:56:21 -0700

Richard Mann offered:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Man" <richard.lists at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 1:57 AM

> Alright Mr. Rabiner, I just signed up for a workshop at the local
> community college on printing large: a pedestrian 16x20..... on the
> wet process!

Hi Richard,
16X20 printing it's a no brainer, you'll enjoy it as its  no different than
knocking off a 5X7 size, only you are playing with a larger piece of paper.
:-)

Throw down a piece of 8X10 paper, usually where the most important part of
the photograph content is as a test strip, make exposure, soup it, if it
looks cool make big print! That's it! Wash well!

Important part? Handle the paper carefully not to make any crinkles because
if you do you'll throw it away. :-)
Too bad you're not near by as could show you about 300-400 prints from over
the years from both in and out of exhibitions  and a few kept for sheer
sentimentality! :-)
ted