Subject: [Leica] 999999999 Day embrace the big picture.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 02:30:22 -0400

> Mark said:
>
> "Soon many of the very same pros who were using M6's in the 90's instead of
> Nikons and Canon SLR's will be using M9's instead of Nikon and Canon
> DSLR's."
>
> As much as I want Leica to succeed I somehow don't have the same positive
> feeling that many top pros will go from the D3's and Canon digitals to an
> M9.
> I really think the 2500 ASA is a limiting factor in many respects for the
> top
> pros. Unless you are a street shooting professional that wants the small
> size
> to carry.
>
> But I have to say, as much as the full frame would be nice, the quality I
> get
> with my M8 and blowups that I've seen to 20 x 30 and above, I  would find
> it
> hard to pay the price they want. I think Nathan hit the nail on the head
> when
> he said he would wait and see a year or so down the road and see what the
> price is lowered to. At least for the average buyer it makes sense to
> wait. I
> mean you can buy an M8 now at a pretty decent price and obviously it's
> still a
> wonderful machine that takes amazing quality shots. And for those like me
> who
> bought in early on the M8 and now have the camera worth half or less than I
> paid, I can't see the sense in continuing to do that every two years or so
> without getting a break on the price at some point. My 2 cents.
>
> Scott

The first day out the Dpreview people are not going to set the limit on iso
noise performed for the M9 putting it notches below everyone else. A few
other people are going to weigh in first and I think the large prints people
are going to see from the M9 are going to speak for themselves.
Yes amazing the quality we get from cropped sensors lets just not put them
right next to a print from a full frame. Lets leave those in the next room.
Separate formats separate rooms.

Mark William Rabiner