Subject: [Leica] BOATING PESO - The Powerboats Picnic
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:20:49 -0400

For years I've watched small powerboats scamper hither and yon on the
Cape and wondered what the attraction was of all that purposeless
bustle on the water.  Water is for slowing sailing across,
obviously.  :-)

Well, it turns out they were all going somewhere.  We found this nest
of the nasty little vipers* on the long sand spit at the entrance to
Waquoit Bay on Cape Cod a few weeks ago when we sailed in for a brief
look around a few weeks ago.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5389.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/q6e94s

The shore was crowded with sunbathers, picnickers, and folks just
sitting around chatting.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5376.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/qb2f8p

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5380.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/r89wnk

This was a really gray day; the day before hurricane Bill blew by the
Cape.  I've brought the contrast up considerably, but none of them
have the snap I really like to see in Summer photos.

D300, etc.

C&C always welcome.
Regards,

Dick

*That's sailor talk, of course. :-)     Opinions may vary.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] BOATING PESO - The Powerboats Picnic)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] BOATING PESO - The Powerboats Picnic)