Subject: [Leica] Lenses improvement on M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:28:32 -0400

> On top of being the sweet sport, there is at least one more additional
> advantage of the M8 over the M9: as thge M8 sensor being smaller, the
> apparent DoF is greater. Now if you are the give me 1mm DoF so I can
> focus of the 2nd to the first eyelash type, well, this isn't a good
> thing, but for most mortals, that extra apparent DoF can come in
> handy.

The size of the cropped formats is just one or two millimeters away from
what we call half frame but what film makers call full frame.
Cinematographers have been working whit this format for a century.
F 5.6 is their favorite f stop where they feel save getting everything.
Me too in the past years especially shooting mainly wides.
F 5.6 and I know I'm bring home the shot.
I'm going to miss that with full frame.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Lenses improvement on M8)