Subject: [Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:14:39 +0200

Well yes, but when did Leica start to build viewfinders into  their
cameras--75 years ago or so? So why did they stop now? With the D-
Luxes the excuse was that it was hard to do a good viewfinder for a
zoom lens. OK. But this one has a fixed 35mm equivalent, so what's the
excuse now? And the second downer for me is the f2.8 aperture. Even
the Konica Hexar in the old days had a fixed f2 35mm (and it was
pretty good, I had one for several years).

In a compact camera costing $500 one reasonably must accept this kind
of compromises. In one costing $2000 one should not have to. Of course
you can put an external finder in the hot shoe, but then the x1 is
certainly no longer pocketable, as extolled by Mark.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu