Subject: [Leica] S2 thoughts (was: Re: M9 thoughts!)
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:53:20 -0400

I'm like you Doug, but I do rather like my kidneys ;-)

cheers from Ballarat

Alastair Firkin
www.afirkin.com

On Sat Sep 12  7:00 , Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> sent:

>Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>>Having just read The Luminous Landscape blubs on Leicas
>>take no prisoners attack on the entire photo industry
>>one thing stood out in my mind.
>>That the size of the S2 is smaller than the D3x and Canon 1Ds Mk3
>>
>>The Leica S2 is a DSLR.
>>It just happens to be medium format and cost fortune.
>>And it just happens to blow the results obtained from the Nikon and Canons
>>away.
>>

>Having seen the preliminary S2 photos and the ratio of its size to output
quality and DSLR handling and the no-nonsense user interface and what I've
heard
about the production camera's responsiveness and manual-focus-ability I'm
completely smitten with it and wish they'd hurry up and get that 350mm
APO-Elmar-S on the market.  Then I'll start selling kidneys on ebay.